Dave is a senior associate in the firm’s corporate and commercial team, with experience in private treaty M&A, capital raising projects, equity capital markets, joint venture and shareholder arrangements, securities law advice, incentive arrangements and general commercial matters.
Dave maintains a commercial focus while managing complex and technical legal issues. He advises across diverse industry sectors to corporates (both private and public), private equity, foreign companies, family offices, founders, investors and high net worths.
Dave holds a Bachelor of Arts and a Bachelor of Laws (with Honours) from Monash University, and has undertaken post-graduate study in applied finance.
Dave’s recent corporate and commercial transactions include:
- Advising the shareholders of online comparison business Compare Club in connection with an investment by private equity firm Next Capital.
- Advising Australian United Retailers Limited (AUR) in negotiating a long term supply agreement with ASX-listed Metcash Limited.
- Advising Fayman International on the sale of a 50% equity stake in its Australian operations to the New Zealand-listed Scales Corporation Limited.
- Advising the vendors of Acclimation, a leading SAP services specialist, in Australia, to the French-listed Capgemini Group.
- Advising the shareholders of leading baby products brand, b.box for kids, in connection with an investment by Seidler Equity Partners.
- Advising the vendors of Box+Dice, a provider of real estate CRM solutions, on the sale of the company to MRI Software.
- Advising RXP Limited on a scheme of arrangement pursuant to which the Capgemini Group acquired all shares in the company.
- Advising the shareholders of Premier Technologies on the divestment of their payments platform to Linkly, backed by Potentia Capital.
- Advising Breville Group Limited on its $104M institutional placement and share purchase plan in 2020, underwritten by Goldman Sachs and UBS. This included an institutional offer undertaken in the US.
- Advising The Reject Shop Limited in relation to a traditional non-renounceable rights issue in 2020 which raised $25M and was underwritten by Ord Minnett.
- Advising Soulfresh Global in connection with an investment by True Capital Private Equity into the group.
Awards and recognition
Dave is included in the 2022 edition of Doyle’s Corporate & Commercial Law Rising Stars.