Greg is a highly regarded Partner in the firm’s corporate and commercial team with more than 15 years’ experience advising on a range of complex corporate and commercial transactions.
He has a particular expertise in both private and regulated M&A transactions, equity capital market transactions, shareholder and other joint venture arrangements, as well as corporate restructures.
Greg advises, predominantly, on transactions in the mid-market. He is a highly capable negotiator and has a deep understanding of customs and norms in mid-market transactions. He is known for being solution-focused and for being able to communicate complex legal issues simply and clearly.
Greg combines these traits, together with a broad technical legal expertise in his areas of focus, to provide his clients with pragmatic and commercial advice.
Prior to joining SBA Law, Greg was a Senior Associate at international law firm DLA Piper.
Greg graduated from The University of Melbourne with a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Commerce.
Greg’s recent corporate and commercial transactions include:
- DWS: Advising DWS on its scheme of arrangement, pursuant to which HCL Australia Services acquired all of the issued shares in DWS for in excess of $150 million.
- AAD / HVAC: Advising the founders of Australian Airconditioning Distributors and HVAC Consolidated, being leading Australian wholesalers and service providers to the HVAC industry, on the sale of the companies to Beijer Ref. Beijer Ref is one of the largest refrigeration wholesalers globally.
- Fry’s Self Storage: Advising the founders of Fry’s Self Storage on the sale of their warehousing and storage business to National Storage (ASX:NSR).
- Open Cities: Advising the founders of Open Cities on the sale of the company to Granicus. Open Cities offers tools to government agencies, including local government, for digital interactions with their constituents. Granicus is a global software company based in Denver that specialises in providing cloud-based solutions for government organisations.
- SoundBay: Advising the founders of SoundBay, being the parent company of Store DJ and Mannys Music and Australia’s leading retailer of musical instruments and related equipment, on the sale of SoundBay to Australia Music Group.
- SBG Sports Software:
Acting as Australian counsel to the shareholders of SBG Sports Software Limited on the sale of 100% of the shares in the Company to Catapult Group International Limited (ASX:CAT).
- Peak Rock Capital:
Acting as Australian counsel to Peak Rock Capital on its acquisition of Spatial Business Systems. Peak Rock Capital is a leading middle-market private investment firm based in Austin, Texas.
- VGI Partners: Advising VGI Partners, and a consortium of investors, on its investment in Willow Technology Corporation by way of share acquisition, share subscription and convertible note.
- ShineWing: Acting for ShineWing on its acquisition of a number of professional services advisory businesses.
- Royal Freemasons: Acting for Royal Freemasons Limited as well as the trustees of Royal Freemasons Homes of Victoria on a number of aged care and retirement village acquisitions, as well as providing governance and general commercial advice.
- GMHBA: Acting for GMHBA in relation to its joint venture with Quintessential Equity in respect of the development of its head offices in Geelong, as well as providing ongoing general commercial advice.
- FoodWorks: Advising Australian United Retailers Limited on the acquisition and divestment of numerous supermarkets, as well as providing ongoing governance and general commercial advice.
- Credabl: Advising a consortium of investors (comprising family offices and high net worth individuals) on various investment rounds in Credabl, including initial subscriptions as well as subsequent rights issues and underwriting arrangements.