Megan is a special counsel in the firm’s corporate and commercial team and has been a highly valued member of SBA Law since joining the firm in 2011.
Megan’s broad experience covers mergers and acquisitions, corporate structuring and advisory, corporate finance, as well as structuring, negotiating and implementing key commercial agreements and transactions across a wide range of industries.
She has particular expertise in personal property securities law and its application to all M&A transactions and commercial matters generally. She frequently advises clients in respect of their security position, exposure risks and enforcement rights.
Megan works closely with Jeremy Rosenthal (Partner) on all agriculture, rural and water transactions across a range of sectors including forestry, grain, livestock and fresh produce.
Megan has a Bachelor of Laws (with Honours) and Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting), both from the University of Adelaide for which she has been recognised by the Golden Key International Honour Society – University of Adelaide for academic excellence.
Transactions Megan has recently worked on include:
- Midway Limited (ASX:MWY):
- the sale of several plantation properties located 50km north of Melbourne for $17 million including the grant back of a forestry right securing Midway Limited’s right to harvest the existing tree crop; and
- the $154 million sale to Munich Re Group of its 17,000 hectare plantation estate including the design and implementation of a framework for a further binding commitment of AUD$200 million to acquire additional land for the development of new hardwood plantations together with long term management and offtake arrangements.
- Tiverton Agriculture Impact Fund:
- the acquisition of market leading carbon offset provider and advisory services firm Carbon Neutral Pty Ltd;
- the joint venture with The Nature Conservancy Australia formed for the acquisition and ongoing conservation of the nationally recognised highly significant ecosystem known as ‘the Great Cumbung’; and
- the sale of Sunland Fresh Fruit assets to N&A Group including 750 hectares of planted orchards, a secure water portfolio, cool rooms and packhouses.
- The RIFA group’s sale of its Australian agricultural portfolio, including approximately 43,000 hectares of aggregations (livestock - breeding and finishing, and cropping) spanning across Victoria and northern New South Wales.
- Brandbank Group’s 2021 acquisition of kikki.K assets from administrators.
- Global Retail Brands Australia’s recent acquisitions of MyHouse.com.au and Bessemer.