Steven Klein practices in commercial and corporate law, with a particular focus on mergers, acquisitions and disposals. His major clients include corporates, both listed and unlisted, family groups and high net worth investors.
Steven joined SBA Law in August 2011, after having been a Partner at Arnold Bloch Leibler since 1996. He joined Arnold Bloch Leibler as an articled clerk in 1988, after graduating in law and commerce from the University of Melbourne.
Steven’s corporate transactions include:
- Australian Biotechnologies: the sale of Australian Biotechnologies to PEP Private Equity.
- Compass Medical Group: the sale of Compass Medical Group to Partnered Health, which is controlled by Quadrant Private Equity.
- Catch Group: all of its major transactions since it was established, up to and including its sale to Wesfarmers.
- Cobs Popcorn: the sale of Cobs Popcorn to the Kin Group.
- Aquila Shoes: the sale of Aquila Shoes to Blue Sky Private Equity.
- Premier Investments: the take-over of the Just Group by Premier Investments.
- Sass & Bide: the sale of Sass & Bide to Myer.
- Mimco: the sale of Mimco to Witchery Holdings.
- Seek: the IPO of Seek and various offshore acquisitions by Seek both pre and post its IPO.
- Breville Group Limited: the IPO of Housewares International Limited (now called Breville Group Limited), the purchase of the Breville Group and various acquisitions by Breville.
- Netwealth: various acquisitions by Netwealth, both pre and post its IPO.
- Montague Group: the sale of the Montague Group’s cold storage division to Emergent Cold.
Steven was a Director of Breville Group Limited from 2003-2017, a Director of Mount Scopus Memorial College from 2007-2015 and the College’s Vice President from 2012-2015.
Steven has been a Director of Jewish Care (Victoria) Inc since 2020.