Victoria is a Special Counsel in the firm’s real estate team with more than 10 years’ experience across a broad spectrum of property matters.
Victoria has a keen interest in the complex and challenging areas of property and has worked on several high-profile transactions in the agricultural, industrial and commercial sectors.
Victoria has a particular expertise on transactions involving rural water entitlements and water licenses and transactions involving land leased by the Crown in the Alpine regions of Victoria.
Victoria also works closely with the firm’s corporate and commercial team and has assisted on the property and leasing aspects of numerous M&A transactions.
Victoria has also assisted the firm’s commercial litigation and dispute resolution team on several compulsory acquisition compensation claims and other property related litigation.
Clients value Victoria’s candid and efficient approach both in negotiations with counterparties and in the provision of advice.
Victoria holds a Bachelor of Arts and a Bachelor of Laws (with Honours) from Monash University.
Victoria’s recent property transactions include:
- Midway: the sale of 17,000ha of land used for forestry by Midway Limited to a special purpose vehicle owned by Munich Re, a German public company, for $154.1million over several tranches (with the Corporate and Commercial Team).
- Acting for a private land owner in the sale of over 5,000ha of land in western Victoria for a price north of $50million.
- The sale of agricultural land holdings with a sale/lease of water entitlements in Victoria by a private impact fund (with the Corporation and Commercial team).
- Hybrid Lease and Profit Share Arrangement: advising a large private landlord and negotiating a hybrid agreement for lease and lease with part of the rent to be provided by way of a profit share arrangement.
- Negotiation on behalf of a vendor developer with several not-for-profit disability accommodation providers on purchasing lots off the plan to be used for specialist disability accommodation.
- The sale of a large cattle station (over 23,000ha) in NSW by a Chinese-owned landowner for $35million (with the Corporate and Commercial Team).
- The sale of a retirement village in Melbourne’s northern suburbs (in conjunction with the Corporate and Commercial Team).
Recent cases involving Victoria include:
- Ringwood JV Pty Ltd v Maroondah CC  VCAT 1393 (10 December 2020). The case involved an application for leave by a private landowner to compulsorily acquire necessary services easements over adjoining privately owned land (with the Litigation team).